About Me

My photo
i'm a simple man living far away from my home - tryna establish what my life is about...dEscriBin' mYseLf I woUldN't bE mOdeSt ;) iT's uP 2 u gUys 2 mAke a viSioN oF mE ;) cOme aNd tAke a pEEk iNto mY wOrLd.

21 July 2005

uNbeliEvabLy sTroNg mOthEr-cHilD bOnd

I've just watched THE FORGOTTEN and I'm shocked how strong can the mother-child relationship be...but 1st have to reflect its plot shortly: When a single mother, Telly Paretta, loses her 8-year-old son, she seeks the help of a psychiatrist to cope with the pain of her grief. Telly is then told by the psychiatrist and her husband that her son is merely a figment of her imagination, with her mind making up eight years of false memories. Telly discovers that all the images of her dead son, Sam, have been erased from the photographs scattered around her home, but she refuses to believe what she is being told. When she meets a father who has had another similar experience with his own disappearing daughter recently, so the two team up to try to find the answers behind the mystery...but let me continue...at the end it turns out that people are controlled by aliens who interfere in our lives by making different experiments on us. Aliens want to measure the feeling of longing and they take the memories away from people. They do it succesfully except for Telly who deliberately keeps in mind even the deepest memories of her pregnancy. The mother-child bond is exalted as a force that nothing can break. And at the ending, there’s a pro-life twist. A “memory thief” wants Telly’s “first memory” of Sam. He decides that that would be the memory of his birth. But even after that memory is stolen from her, she STILL remembers Sam, because she remembers back beyond that, to the time when life was growing inside of her...she says: "I had a life, I have a child, I have a son, he's name is Sam, son of a bitch". I'm wondering whether I'll be able to feel such a deep feelin' to my child someday. I believe that the stereotype of forgetful daddies doesn't suit my personality :)

The topic can be compared to the words sung by Britney in her new ballad "Someday":
"Someday I will understand, in god's whole plan and what he's done to me, oh but maybe someday I will breathe and I'll finally see, see it all in my baby"

Video code provided by Music Video Codes

4 comments:

tJAy said...

Britney Spears
Someday (I Will Understand)

Nothing seems to be the way it used to
Everything seems shallow
God give me truth
In me and tell me
Somebody's watching over me
And that is all I'm praying
Is that...
Someday I will understand
In gods whole plan
And what he's done to me
Oh but maybe
Someday I will breathe
And I'll finally see
See it all in my baby
Don't run too fast dear
Why don't you stop?
Stop and listen to your tears
They're all you got
Its in you
You see somebody's watching over you
And all that I'm praying
Is that.....
Someday you will understand
In gods whole plan
And what he's done to you
Oh but maybe
Someday you will breathe
And you'll finally see
See it all in your baby
See it all in your baby
No moment will be more true
Then the moment I look at you
It's in you
You see somebody is watching
Over you
And that is that I'm praying
Is that.......
Someday you will understand
In gods whole plan
And what he's done to you
Oh but maybe
Someday you will breathe
And you'll finally see
See it all in your baby
See it all in your baby
See it all in my baby
See it all in my baby
See it all in my baby
See it all in my baby.......

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's a story, it's fiction, made up, Hollywood, as in not likely to be a good indicator of the realities of life. Yes the mother-child bond can be strong, as, indeed, can the father-child bond, and in the vast majority of cases we can be reasonably sure that it is, but I'd be really careful about using a fantasy like "The Forgotten" to estimate how any given mother might feel about her child. To bring you back down to earth, you might be interested to learn that mothers are the most likely perpetrators of child abuse. Really, I kid you not. Look it up. Now, how 'bout those rose-tinted spectacles?

Anonymous said...

It is better to see mainly good in people and things rather than drawbacks of the real life which everybody experiences for sure too often....

tJAy said...

Maybe I wear rose-tinted glasses but this I guess helps me to have more strength to lead at least a normal life. Look at social castaways...90 % of children of divorced couples is taken by their mothers...not only because husbands are alcoholics and can't take after their children properly but due to the simpliest fact that children feel subconsciously a deeper bond with their mothers than with their fathers. I'm sure that The Forgotten-like plot isn't similar to our reality but I thought that it may be considered as a metaphor of deep mother-child relationship which I believe really exist indeed. That's why i totally agree with kay-t...maybe it's a good idea to put rose-tinted spectacles sometimes...try it on. After all, thx 4 sharin ya thoughts at my blog.